Here’s why executives, families, and artists all love it here.
Spend some quality think-tank time by the ocean.
- Enjoy a ready-for-business office with secure, wireless internet access, its own printer, an iPod docking station, a Bose stereo system, and a private entrance to the beach.
- Retreat yourself and up to 7 of your colleagues. Additional guests can stay at one of the business-friendly hotels just minutes away. Let your entire team experience the calming effects of stress deprivation. Spend an entire week kayaking, scuba diving, resting, reading, swimming, running, and doing nothing at all. World-class bars and spas are always nearby.
- Cook up food for ideas in the chef’s kitchen, featuring every appliance needed to create the perfect organic-gourmet meal. There’s an organic farm nearby. Or, take advantage of a gourmet chef, available upon request.
Kick back in a romantic, grown-up/kid hybrid paradise.
- Intimate enough for family—but not so intimate everyone can’t do their own thing. You can fall asleep on the deck, and let some sun into your soul. In the evenings, light up the fireplace, fit for marshmallows, lovers, and marshmallow-lovers.
- Enjoy a children’s playhouse, swing and slide set, and a particularly buoyant trampoline.
- Let me do the planning. Whether you come straight to the Island or prefer to sneak in a romantic dinner in Vancouver first, I can plan the entire delightful experience. Hiking one day, spa services the next. I believe in possibilities.
Give your inner artist a little company.
Reclaim your creative heritage in comfort—either on the chaise or on the cedar deck. Bay windows and ocean views provide the perfect backdrop to losing oneself in thought. Whether you come alone or with kindred spirits, your inner artist is never alone. And then there are the artists in town.
When to visit?
My favorite time of year here is summer.
We spend afternoons exploring the beach and collecting fresh oysters. There’s almost always a breeze. It is colorful, green and warm It feels comfortable, happy. It’s almost magical. The kids play soccer in the grass. We might make our way into town to see the artists’ studios and to visit one of the many sandy beaches nearby. Or, we might wander down to the Marina on the dock of Schooner Cove, three minutes away, where we get live crab from our fisherman friend, Kim. With a little planning, we can invite our friends over for a fresh oyster and crab dinner, served with the famous Nanoose Edibles nutritional greens, whose farm is just around the corner.
Other seasons feel happy here, too. Spring is cool, sunny, full of color, naturally. You’ll spot plenty of wildlife—eagles, whales, harbor seals, sea lions. You might even get caught in the rain. Fall is warm. Green and orange leaves everywhere, impossibly beautiful. Winter sometimes brings snow. The air is cool and damp. Beautiful ocean storms come and they will take your breath away.